Crash Course European History: “Our look at World War II continues with a closer examination of just how the war impacted soldiers in the field, and the people at home. For many of the combatants, the homefront and the warfront were one and the same. The war disrupted life for millions upon millions of people. You’ll learn about the different experiences of the populations of various combatant states.” Transcript.
- Kent, Susan. A New History of Britain: Four Nations and an Empire. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017.
- Krylova, Anna. Soviet Women in Combat: A History of Violence on the Eastern Front. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010
- Mazower, Mark. Hitler’s Empire: How the Nazis Ruled Europe. New York: Penguin, 2008.
- Overy. Richard. Russia’s War. London: Penguin, 1997.
- Riding, Alan. And the Show Went On: Cultural Life in Nazi-Occupied Paris. New York: Vintage, 2011.
- Smith, Bonnie G. Europe in the Contemporary World, 1900 to the Present, 2nd ed. London: Bloomsbury, 2020.