The Cynical Historian has compiled 10 common misunderstandings or myths about slavery. “These myths often serve pernicious political purposes that can be highly detrimental to a proper conception of history”:
1. There were white slaves in America.
2. America invented slavery.
3. The first slave owner in America was black.
4. The Union fought the civil war to end slavery.
5. The South seceded over “state’s rights.”
6. Few southerners owned slaves.
7. Factory workers were like slaves.
8. Black soldiers fought for the Confederacy.
9. Africans were captured by Europeans.
10. White people ended slavery.
He includes a list of references or sources in the description section of Youtube.com